Welcome to EXPOUND. We read submissions from around the world. We want to publish original, quality works in form of poetry, fiction, photography, artworks, videos, non-fiction: interviews, reviews, memoir pieces and essays. We want pieces that provoke, investigate, surprise, entertain and startle any reader. We are looking for new styles and mind-bending pieces. We love avant-garde and experimental pieces. Please read our guidelines below.
We read submissions for our issues during the following periods:
Issue #9: December 1st – February 28th
Issue #10: March 1st – May 31st
Issue #11: June 1st – August 31st
Issue #12: September 1st – October 30th
Currently Reading For: Issue #9
- We accept only electronic submissions via email@example.com
- Please include a short biography in your submission.
- Your Subject should include the genre you are submitting to and your name
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, as long as you immediately notify EXPOUND that your piece has been accepted elsewhere.
- Except for Poetry, other genres should be forwarded as attachments
- We are interested in original, unpublished pieces.
- Works in translation are also welcome as long as we will have the rights to publish.
- Should your work be published in a collection at some later date, we’d appreciate the standard acknowledgment.
- If published by EXPOUND, please wait for six moths before making another submission.
FICTION: We accept fiction of all forms and length. EXPOUND strongly prefers fiction with a diverse international outlook. Crime fiction, science fiction, fan fiction, fantasy writing and erotica are welcome. We are particularly interested in informed and lively interactions with established and emerging writers.
NONFICTION: We are interested in nonfiction pieces. We accept nonfiction of all forms and length.
POETRY: Please send not more than five (5) poems or a long poem per submission. We give special attention to poems that shock us or take us where we want and where we don’t want to be.
VISUAL ARTS: EXPOUND publishes pictures/graphic pictures and artworks that tells a wide range of timely critical, artistic, and cultural issues. Photos, paintings, digital art, illustrations and cartoons portfolios should be sent in collections of 4-10, as a PDF, JPG. or PNG attachments.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contract us at anytime via firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.
After Submission, click here to Subscribe to our magazine for free and get future issues, posts and updates in your mailbox!